Saturday, May 29, 2010

Breaking News!

This just in:


We bought our tickets to Ecuador! Woohoo! I will be enjoying Ecuador, the equator, and the Galapagos islands from July 2 - July 22 this summer. How exciting! I have already started dog-earing our Ecuador travel books and J is making an itenerary. My sister has never traveled with us so she is in for a shock...


Here is an update on the rest of my list:

  1. Throw a wine and cheese party: nope
  2. Run a mile without stopping: huh uh
  3. Learn to drive a stick shift: eh
  4. Correspond with friends better: um, I sent two cards but didn't hear back from them
  5. Travel to Ecuador: see above!
  6. Volunteer 260 hours: zip
  7. Read 26 books: 1 down, a whole lot to go
  8. Organize our picture books: I bought the albums...does that count?
  9. Drink only 26 sodas: only 2 in the last 5 weeks! unbelievable
  10. Go snow skiing: no
  11. Rent a pontoon boat and go swimming: that sounds like a July activity :)
  12. Park a car in the garage permanently: cancelled our garage sale twice
  13. Go to Harry Potter World: oops...I should have checked this one out before adding it to the list. Aparently HPW opens on June 18, the last day I will be in Orlando. So I either have to attend the grand opening [shoot me now PLEASE] or fly there later in the year [yikes!]. Research, Liz, research.
  14. Do 26 nice things for Justin: Maybe 1? 1/2? Se post #5 for clarification
  15. See the inside of a semi-truck: still waiting on Mom to go with me to the truck stop
  16. Exercise at leasts 30 minutes 3 days a week: FAIL
  17. Play the lottery each week: um...oops, I forgot about this one
  18. Save $2600 above our normal savings: I have $14 left of my birthday money, but I have my eyes on a new pair flip flops
  19. Try 26 new foods: 1 down! I tried a fresh pear. It was gross.
  20. Floss 26 days out of every month: SUCCESS! and now I'm and addict
  21. Learn calligraphy: I'll take a class in the fall
  22. Dig for diamonds: this will have to be a fall or winter activity. It's May and we are already having 90 degree days. Dig in the sun? No thanks
  23. Learn to keep score at a baseball game: hasn't happened
  24. Give blood every 8 weeks: third time's a charm! I gave blood and didn't pass out! whoohoo
  25. Organize a will: too morbid to think about now
  26. Find 26 geocaches: zilch

So, as you can tell I'm doing AWESOME on my list [read sarcasm]. Hopefully I will find some motivation this summer to knock some things off. Oh wait, I'm not going to be home this summer. Crap...

1 comment:

  1. You can check the new foods off your list this summer... nothing like strange jungle fruits and lots of pig, cow, and chicken parts!

    ReplyDelete